This year’s exhibition is called The Lost Windmills of York and will be on show from Saturday 17 June until the end of the season’s open days. It reveals the sites, images and stories of many of York’s lost mills. Anna Cook, our archivist would like to hear from anyone with images or stories of any York mills to contact us via this website so more can be added.
On 24 March we had a fund raising day at St Crux Church Hall which was very successful, and raised £1200 for mill maintenance. The money went toward replacing the long timber rules which operate the sail shutters. At St Crux visitors could buy soup and cakes made by mill supporters and bread rolls made by Ainsty Farm Shop from windmill flour. There was also jewellery and a varied selection of bric a brac to buy. Lovely weather and enthusiastic volunteers made it a delightful day.